Avenza Maintenance Program
Avenza includes your first year of maintenance with every new purchase of MAPublisher or Geographic Imager. Afterwards, you can renew your maintenance and continue to receive all the great benefits of the Avenza Maintenance Program. The Avenza Maintenance Program applies to fixed and floating licenses, but excludes student licenses.
New Releases and Updates
Get notifications when product updates are released. Includes major and minor releases.
We’re here to resolve your issues. Unlimited technical support (8:30 AM–5:00 PM EST) by email, phone and web. Let’s chat.
Access to Help and Tutorials
Get documentation, tutorials, and other resources to improve your mapping skills.
Free license rehosting or moving to a new computer (subject to approval). Non-maintenance rehosts are subject to a US$25 administrative fee.
Get started with Avenza software with a discount on a training course near you.
Beta Access and Offers
Early access to beta releases and maintenance-only offers and promotions.
- The maintenance subscription period starts on the product purchase date as reflected in the associated invoice from Avenza or an Avenza reseller.
- Approximately 8 weeks prior to the expiration of your annual subscription, you will be notified regarding renewal options. You will be contacted a minimum of 5 times prior to expiration in order to ensure that you have ample opportunity to renew or not at your discretion.
- You will have the option of renewing your subscription for an additional year at the then prevailing price or canceling without penalty. Canceling or letting your subscription lapse will result in no longer being entitled to maintenance program benefits as outlined above and will thus have to purchase future upgrades and support at the then current prices.
- Failure to renew within 30 days from the expiry date will result in a lapsed subscription. Lapsed subscriptions may not be renewed and the licensee will be required to purchase support and upgrades accordingly.
- Renewals are always for one year from the expiry date of the previous year’s maintenance subscription regardless of when the renewal payment is made.
Avenza shall support and provide updates for MAPublisher or Geographic Imager software (“Software”) under a maintenance subscription subject to the following conditions:
Avenza shall provide upgrades to the Software on an “as released” basis. Software upgrades shall originate from Avenza or its authorized resellers and shall be provided via download at no cost. Additional fees may be charged for other methods of delivery and for provision of update media kits (CD and hardcopy manual). From time to time additional release updates will also be made available for download to maintenance subscribers. In such cases, maintenance subscribers will be notified by email of the location of the download. If persons other than Avenza modify the software covered by this agreement and as a result thereof require support service by Avenza, then such service will be performed at Avenza’s then current time and material rates. Avenza does not warrant or guarantee that it will release any specific minimum number of updates and/or upgrades during any calendar or MAPublisher Maintenance Program subscription period.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, support service shall be performed by email, web and telephone during the principal service hours of 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday, excluding recognized Canadian holidays.
Limitations and Exclusions
Update and Support service shall not include:
- maintenance or repair resulting from catastrophe, accident, neglect, misuse, fault or negligence of the Customer or causes external to the Software;
- maintenance or repair of the Software when used with an unlicensed, pirated or hacked copy of Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop;
- service and repair of software or other devices not identified in this agreement;
- changes, modification, alterations or options in or to the Software not listed in this agreement;
- installation, relocation or removal of the Software or updates to the Software;
- damages arising from application or system software problems or failure;
- items outside of the Software’s documented capabilities;
- support for Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, iOS, Android, Windows, MapInfo Professional, ArcGIS, Safe FME, and other non-Avenza products;
- unauthorized and/or illegal use of any Software license including the transfer to an unauthorized computer, modifying the license file and/or any other form of software piracy and shall result in the immediate termination of maintenance privileges with any refund or rebate for any unused portion thereof.
- special discounted licenses including student licenses and those purchased at significantly reduced and discounted package pricing from resellers and distributors may not always qualify for or include maintenance. Check with Avenza before ordering if you have any concerns.